THE ROLE OF THE MINISTRY OF YOUTH, GENDER & SPORTS:
Coordinating the Participation and Development of Administrative Capacity of Youth, Women & Men in Governance.
MANDATE OF MoYGS:
- Constitutionally, MoYGS draws the mandate to exercise its functions from the County Government Act which establishes County Governments.
- County Governments exercise delegated powers of the national government so as to bring services closer to the citizenry and also spur economic, social and political development within their jurisdiction as envisioned in the Vision 2030 and attainment of the Millennium Development Goals.
- MoYGS is therefore a creation of the constitution. For instance; some of the MDGs the Ministry focuses to achieve are:
- Reduction of extreme poverty
- Promotion of gender equality
- In its pursuit to meet its goals and objectives, MoYGS plays a dual role of being a facilitator and implementer.
- Community Mobilization – Coordinating the Communities within the County.
- Civic Education – Capacity development of communities in engaging sectors.
- Public Policy Analysis & Advocacy – Analysis of Community performance within sectors.
- Economic Vehicles – Groups, Co-operatives and Enterprises.
SECTORS AND PARTNERS:
- Sports & Partners.
- Agriculture, Livestock & Fisheries.
- Marine trainings,
- Hospitality and Tourism.