OUR CURRENT UNDERTAKINGS:
- Capacity building trainings for youth and women groups,
- Development of a Sports policy,
- Empower 70% of the population of the youth to secure jobs and 30% to become entrepreneurs,
- Establish a committee to vet youth proposals to be considered for funding,
- Hold sub county youth consultative forums,
- Formation of Youth and Women Co-operatives.
- Establish well equipped Youth Centers in all the 6 constituencies,
- Create more jobs for the youth through garbage collection and KIE training in artisan skills,
- To introduce the youth to labor market by virtue of the skills they have (both able and disabled),
- To conduct an annual business plan competition,
- Job matching by engaging the corporate, learning institutions and the youth.
- Phase II Renovations of the County Stadium and rehabilitation of the Tononoka Social Hall.
- Reconstruction of the perimeter wall at Alms House, to separate the youth and elderly people.
- Rehabilitation of the Majengo Social Hall and repair of the Majengo boxing ring. Other social halls to be renovated include; Changamwe and Kongowea. Including; Construction of basketball courts in Likoni and Frere Town, and establishing a football pitch in Changamwe.
- Development of a sports policy.
- High expectations from the youth.
- High population of the youth vis-a-viz job market absorption.
- Inadequate and deplorable facilities e.g social halls and sports grounds.
- Financial constraints to set up youth resource centers.
- Inadequate capacity of service providing e.g sign language interpreters.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
Access to quality education and health services
- Building decision-making skills.
- Provide targeted programs that help young people recover.
- from missed opportunities through remedial education.
- retraining & rehabilitation to give them hope and the incentive to catch up from bad luck or bad choices made.
STRATEGY TO BE USED:
- Education and Training.
- Basic Education – formal school training and education for school levers,
- TVET – post formal school training and education for employment outcomes,
- Life skills – artisan training in youth polytechnics,
- Job Creation.
- Promote SMEs,
- Provide funds to expand job opportunities,
- Entrepreneurship support .
- Talent development in sports and art,
- Macro Economic Policy – Enhance national competitiveness and creates favorable environment for business and investors,
- Active Labor Market Policy – smooth interaction between supply and demand in labor market by enacting policies to reduce unemployment and increase workers earning capacity,
- Promotion of Youth Policy and Institutions – support youth empowerment and representation in national policies and social agendas.
- Community Development,
- Conducting Civic Education and Sensitization Forums,
- Counseling Programs.